Call for Membership of the new ‘Smart Networks and Services’ Association
See the ‘Open Letter’ from the Chairman of the Board of the 5G IA, including the announcement and important deadlines.
The primary objective of the 5G IA is to promote and support European leadership for the development, deployment and evolution of 5G and ensuring a clear European voice on 5G around the world. This involves actively promoting all parts of the 5G lifecycle and ecosystems:
- Steering the European research agenda and program implementation in the area of 5G and beyond to maximize the impact, coordination and exploitation of results.
- Driving the Digital transformation through leverage and development of 5G technology
- Facilitating convergence of telecommunications and vertical industry sectors (“verticals”) to create a Europe wide 5G ecosystem.
- Ensure the EU’s support/enforcement of the required policies and regulations to embrace 5G in the various vertical sectors in Europe
- Promote the availability of radio spectrum, as well as a holistic standardization roadmap with the aim of reaching a globally harmonized and interoperable 5G communications standard
- Ensure a clear European voice on 5G
- Develop a Europe wide 5G ecosystem, embracing research, standardization and development by involving academia, telecoms industry and verticals
- Represent the Private side of the 5G Public-Private Partnership (5G PPP)
- Contribute to EU Digital Transformation programs and Horizon Europe strategic objectives leveraging 5G evolution
The 5G IA is also representing the Private (Industry) side in the European H20202 5G Public-Private Partnership (5G PPP) where they provide the business dimension on top of the technical work from European Research to facilitate faster uptake of the results.
About 5G IA
The 5G Public Private Partnership (5G PPP) is the 5G collaborative research program that is organized as part of the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 program – The European Union Program for Research and Innovation. It is aimed at fostering industry-driven research, monitored by business-related, technological performance and societal KPIs. The 5G PPP will deliver solutions, architectures, technologies and standards for ubiquitous next-generation communication infrastructure over the coming decade.
In the 5G PPP, the 5G IA represents the private side and the European Commission the public side. The 5G IA is committed to the advancement of 5G in Europe and to building global consensus on 5G. To this aim, the Association brings together a global industry community of telecoms & digital actors, such as operators, manufacturers, research institutes, universities, verticals and SMEs. The 5G IA carries out a wide range of activities in strategic areas including standardization, frequency spectrum, R&D projects, technology skills, collaboration with key vertical industry sectors, notably for the development of trials, and international cooperation.
News & Press
The 5G Ecosystem Working Group released a White Paper on “Vision and Societal Challenges Working Group Business Validation, Models, and Ecosystems Sub-Group”. The Business Validation, Models, and Ecosystems Sub-Group prepared this white paper, which discusses […]read more
The SME brochure and the “Find your SME” web page have been updated by the NetworldEurope SME Working Group. More SMEs to discover with their skills and expertise in technological terms as well as in […]read more
EU study released on “5G market trends and plausible developments of the 5G supply market looking to 2030”
The Commission has published a study on 5G market trends and plausible developments of the 5G supply market looking to 2030. The study considers four possible scenarios, which are driven by factors such as evolving […]read more