The primary objective of the 5G IA is to promote and support European leadership for the development, deployment and evolution of 5G and ensuring a clear European voice on 5G around the world. This involves actively promoting all parts of the 5G lifecycle and ecosystems:
- Steering the European research agenda and program implementation in the area of 5G and beyond to maximize the impact, coordination and exploitation of results.
- Driving the Digital transformation through leverage and development of 5G technology
- Facilitating convergence of telecommunications and vertical industry sectors (“verticals”) to create a Europe wide 5G ecosystem.
- Ensure the EU’s support/enforcement of the required policies and regulations to embrace 5G in the various vertical sectors in Europe
- Promote the availability of radio spectrum, as well as a holistic standardization roadmap with the aim of reaching a globally harmonized and interoperable 5G communications standard
- Ensure a clear European voice on 5G
- Develop a Europe wide 5G ecosystem, embracing research, standardization and development by involving academia, telecoms industry and verticals
- Represent the Private side of the 5G Public-Private Partnership (5G PPP)
- Contribute to EU Digital Transformation programs and Horizon Europe strategic objectives leveraging 5G evolution
The 5G IA is also representing the Private (Industry) side in the European H20202 5G Public-Private Partnership (5G PPP) where they provide the business dimension on top of the technical work from European Research to facilitate faster uptake of the results.
About 5G IA
The 5G Public Private Partnership (5G PPP) is the 5G collaborative research program that is organized as part of the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 program – The European Union Program for Research and Innovation. It is aimed at fostering industry-driven research, monitored by business-related, technological performance and societal KPIs. The 5G PPP will deliver solutions, architectures, technologies and standards for ubiquitous next-generation communication infrastructure over the coming decade.
In the 5G PPP, the 5G IA represents the private side and the European Commission the public side. The 5G IA is committed to the advancement of 5G in Europe and to building global consensus on 5G. To this aim, the Association brings together a global industry community of telecoms & digital actors, such as operators, manufacturers, research institutes, universities, verticals and SMEs. The 5G IA carries out a wide range of activities in strategic areas including standardization, frequency spectrum, R&D projects, technology skills, collaboration with key vertical industry sectors, notably for the development of trials, and international cooperation.
News & Press
INSPIRE-5Gplus has published a Whitepaper on “Intelligent Security Architecture for 5G and Beyond Networks”. This White Paper introduces the overall INSPIRE-5Gplus framework’s High-Level Architecture, its main functional blocks and their role in enabling intelligent closed-loop […]read more
The 5G IA Pre-standardisation work group is running a consultation to identify the potential to impact standardisation from the expected timeline, phases, and key areas of work for B5G (Beyond 5G) and 6G research towards 2030. The idea is to collect feedback, which will […]read more
On Friday 6th November 2020, PSCE signed a grant agreement with European GNSS Agency (GSA https://www.gsa.europa.eu/) to coordinate the BroadGNSS Pre-Commercial Procurement programme. BroadGNSS will procure innovative solutions for Applications, Synchronisation and Monitoring of Critical […]read more