5G IA Associate Membership
The revised statutes of the 5G-Infrastructure Association allow for the addition of Associate Members to the 5G-I-A.
The 5G Infrastructure Association (5G IA) is committed to foster 5G research, development and deployment in Europe. At the same time, the 5G IA is preparing for the next chapter in the mobile communications story with the new ‘Smart Networks and Services’ Partnership, which will set the foundations for 6G (for more information: https://5g-ia.eu/sns-horizon-europe/).
In addition to Full Members, 5G IA Statutes allow organizations to join as Associate Members. Typically, Associate Members are companies that are impacted by 5G and/or can contribute to the evolution of 5G.
By definition, Associate Members are legal entities, complying with some of the following criteria:
- be involved in significant R&D activities in Europe,
- contribute to and/or support the overall value chain,
- be an organisation that represents interests that are relevant to the HEurope 5G Infrastructure PPP.
Associate Members may join the Association by invitation or by application. The annual membership fee for “Associate Members” is 1000.- €.
Industry Verticals are welcome to apply for associate membership.
The Association fiscal year starts on July 1 and finishes on June 30 of the following year.
- New Associate Members joining the Association from 1 July until end September (Q1) pay the entire membership fee.
- New Associate Members joining the Association from 1 October until end December (Q2) pay 75% of the membership fee.
- New Associate Members joining the Association from 1 January until end March (Q3) pay 50% of the membership fee.
- New Associate Members joining the Association from 1 April until end June (Q4) pay 25% of the membership fee.
Legal entities meeting the criteria may be invited by the Chairperson, acting on behalf of the Board of the Association, to become an Associate Member.
Legal entities meeting the criteria shall also have the right to apply for associate membership by providing a written notice to the Chairperson.
If you wish to apply for Associate Membership, please submit a request to 5g-i-a-membership(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)5g-ppp.eu stating clearly what sort of community you represent, what sort of value exchange your membership would bring and some information on your relation to European R&D.
Your application will be forwarded to the Board of the 5G Infrastructure Association who shall decide on all applications – taking into account the above criteria. You will be informed about the status of your application as quickly as possible.
* Full Member: entity with legal personality, that: has a registered seat in a Member State, Candidate State or Associated Country of the European Union; and supports the mission and vision of the Association; and has research and development activities in a Member State, Candidate State or Associated Country of the European Union – https://5g-ia.eu/about/5g-ia-membership-application/
** Associate Member: a legal entity, complying with some of the following criteria: be involved in significant R&D activities in Europe; contribute to and/or support the overall value chain; be an organisation that represents interests that are relevant to the HEurope 5G Infrastructure PPP. Associate Members may join the Association by invitation or by application – https://5g-ia.eu/about/5g-ia-associate-membership/
*** Partners relationships are based on specific cooperation agreements (e.g. MoUs)
**** The first year, membership fee (for Full and Associates) depends on the period of the fiscal year when they join the Association, more information at https://5g-ia.eu/about/5g-ia-membership-application/ and https://5g-ia.eu/about/5g-ia-associate-membership/