5G IA Full Membership Application
The 5G Infrastructure Association (5G IA) is committed to foster 5G research, development and deployment in Europe. At the same time, the 5G IA is preparing for the next chapter in the mobile communications story with the new ‘Smart Networks and Services’ Partnership, which will set the foundations for 6G (for more information: https://5g-ia.eu/sns-horizon-europe/).
The 5G Infrastructure Association is open for membership applications from relevant organisations (including associations) in the ICT sector.
Membership of the 5G Infrastructure Association is open to and limited to entities with legal personality, that
- have a registered seat in the Member States, Candidate States and Associated Countries of the European Union; and
- support the mission and vision of the Association; and
- have research and development activities in the Member States, Candidate States and Associated Countries of the European Union.
According to the revised 5G Infrastructure Association Statutes, organisations meeting the criteria above can apply for membership by filling out the form below.
Association Fiscal Year:
The Association fiscal year has to date started on July 1 and finishes on June 30 of the following year. However, to better align with the fiscal planning of the framework programme and to align the membership year with the financial year of most member organisations, the 5G IA general assembly has decided to change the financial year of the Association to match the calendar year i.e. from January to December each year.
As a consequence of this decision, the 2020/2021 financial year of the Association will be extended to 18 Months to the end of 2021 and an interim Membership model for the period July 2021 to December 2021 needs to be implemented.
Interim Membership Fees July 2021 to December 2021:
These interim membership fees will ensure membership continuity for the period from when the 20/21 membership ends until the new membership year 2022 starts: Q3 & Q4 2021.
For the four types of members of the Association: Industry, SME, Research, Association. The interim membership fees are:
- Full Industry members 7000.- €
- Full SME members 2000.- €
- Full Research members 2000.- €
- Full Association Members 2000.- €
These interim fees reflect an increase on previous years as the first requirements to fund the SNS JU office will emerge in this period.
Annual Membership Fees 2022:
The membership fees for 2022 have yet to be finalised by the General Assembly – the ambition is to increase the overall membership and grow the membership community to allow the membership fee increases to be at the lowest level possible while ensuring the industry share of the SNS JU office costs are secured.
There are four types of members of the Association: Industry, SME, Research, Association. The annual membership fees are:
- Full Industry members TBD.- €
- Full SME members TBD.- €
- Full Research members TBD.- €
- Full Association Members TBD.- €
From 2022 on, the Association fiscal year will start on the 1st January and will finish on the 31st December of the same year.
- New Members joining the Association from 1 January until end March (Q1) pay the entire membership fee.
- New Members joining the Association from 1 April until end June (Q2) pay 75% of the membership fee.
- New Members joining the Association from 1 July until end September (Q3) pay 50% of the membership fee.
- New Members joining the Association from 1 October until end December (Q4) pay 25% of the membership fee.
* Full Member: entity with legal personality, that: has a registered seat in a Member State, Candidate State or Associated Country of the European Union; and supports the mission and vision of the Association; and has research and development activities in a Member State, Candidate State or Associated Country of the European Union – https://5g-ia.eu/about/5g-ia-membership-application/
** Associate Member: a legal entity, complying with some of the following criteria: be involved in significant R&D activities in Europe; contribute to and/or support the overall value chain; be an organisation that represents interests that are relevant to the HEurope 5G Infrastructure PPP. Associate Members may join the Association by invitation or by application – https://5g-ia.eu/about/5g-ia-associate-membership/
*** Partners relationships are based on specific cooperation agreements (e.g. MoUs)
**** The first year, membership fee (for Full and Associates) depends on the period of the fiscal year when they join the Association, more information at https://5g-ia.eu/about/5g-ia-membership-application/ and https://5g-ia.eu/about/5g-ia-associate-membership/
Please fill in the membership form below to apply for membership – your Application will be sent to the board of the 5G-Infrastructure Association for approval and you will be informed about the status of your application within a short period.