5G-SMART webinar on “5G and Industrial Robotics, Testbed Insights and Outlook”
June 22 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
The 5G-SMART project is organizing a webinar entitled “5G and Industrial Robotics, Testbed Insights and Outlook” on the 22nd of June, 2021 at 3 pm CEST with 90 minutes duration.
- Book your agenda for this event and register your anticipated participation here.
- Details for the webinar link will be given on the 18th of June.
Abstract: Industrial robotics in smart manufacturing is one of the areas where 5G is envisioned to play a major role. The increased use of mobile robots in combination with requirements on high reliability and low latency communication makes 5G a very interesting technology candidate. The webinar will showcase recent development done in the 5G-SMART project on use cases targeting collaborative industrial robotics. Insights to the 5G-ACIA endorsed robotics trial being setup in a smart factory in Kista will be provided including requirements, implementation aspects and benefits of 5G. In addition, the webinar also includes a panel of experts from ABB and Ericsson to discuss the future of robotics and cellular communication.
- Dr. Ognjen Dobrijevic, Senior Scientist, ABB Corporate Research
- Dr. Pietro Falco, Senior Scientist, ABB Corporate Research
- Peter de Bruin, Principal Researcher, Ericsson Research
- Dr. Andreas Bihlmaier, Chief Software Architect, ABB Robotics
- Sebastian Elmgren, Portfolio Manager Smart Manufacturing, Ericsson
- Dr. Leefke Grosjean, Project Manager 5G-SMART, Ericsson Research
The vision of the 5G-SMART project (www.5gsmart.eu) is to empower Europe’s manufacturing sector with 5G solutions by integrating 5G in the manufacturing ecosystem, resulting in an accelerated digital transformation. This is done within the project by demonstrating and validating 5G in real-world factory setups, exploring the roles of mobile network operators and new business models as well as developing new 5G features targeting the manufacturing sector. 5G-SMART lead by Ericsson brings together a strong consortium of partners involved in every aspect of the manufacturing ecosystem.
Please feel free to further distribute this information to interested colleagues.
Thank you for your anticipated participation!
Link for the registration: https://forms.gle/75w4aiQkpvnHBpEy9
Please note that the webinar will be recorded. By participating in this webinar you automatically agree to authorize recording of audio and visual content. The recording of the webinar will be made public on the website of 5G-SMART afterwards.