The annual General Assembly of the 5G IA took place on 19th November 2019
The annual General Assembly of the 5G IA took place in Brussels on 19th November 2019.
The first part of the meeting was dedicated to administrative and legal issues.
In the second part, participants had the opportunity to listen to the following very interesting presentations:
- Prof. Daniele Quercia, Department Head of Social Dynamics at Nokia Bell Labs Cambridge (UK) and Professor of Urban Informatics at the Center for Urban Science and Progress (CUSP) at King’s College London, was the keynote speaker. He presented “The Data and Life of Great Future Cities”.
- Marcus Eibach, Project Director 5G, presented Deutsche Messe’s 5G plans and vision for the exhibition Centre in Hannover
- Peter Stuckmann, Head of Unit – Future Connectivity Systems, DG CONNECT, European Commission, presented the latest developments for the new EU Programmes that are under preparation and provided important information for the preparation of the Smart Networks and Services proposal that the Association is preparing together with the NetWorld2020 ETP.
- Alexandros Kaloxylos, the newly appointed 5G IA Executive Director, presented the current status of the Horizon Europe proposal for Smart Networks and Services.
- Colin Willcock, Chairman of the Board of the 5G IA, provided a status update on the main activities carried out by the 5G IA as well as information on the Association’s vision for its continuation and evolution.