SONATA 2.0 release already available!
The SONATA 5G PPP project is happy to announce the release of SONATA 2.0, the third official software release delivered since the project started in July 2015.
SONATA’s outcomes are published in a public GitHub repository under Apache v2.0 license, a permissive license that guarantees full rights for adoption, modification and distribution.
SONATA 2.0 Release main improvements:
- SONATA Service Platform
• Tool for automatic and complete installation.
• New Security policy (HTTPS and user registration).
• New modules in the Gatekeeper that provide monetization capability and business intelligence support.
• Function Lifecycle Managers and improved Specific Managers infrastructure in the MANO Framework.
• Support of container-based VIMs, multi-PoP service deployment, Service Function chaining configuration and VNF image pre-deployment and management in the Infrastructure Abstraction Layer.
• Extended monitoring functionality.
• Improved Catalogues and Repositories.
• Use of the platform’s GUI by Service Platform managers to managed VIMs.
- SONATA SDK
• Automated versioning of development setups.
• Improvement in the validation functionality for detecting bugs in the developed network services/functions.
• Updated SDK tools to support multiple platforms and authentication/security options.
• The SDK emulator, key asset which provides a very rapid testing environment to deploy developed services, has been extended.
• Additional debugging and monitoring functionality for easy inspection and visualisation of network interfaces and links.
This software release is freely available for download and ready to be installed. Code and related technical documentation is available on the project website: http://sonata-nfv.eu.
Contact: Sonia Castro, Research & Innovation, Telecom Sector, sonia.castro(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)atos.net